Timesheet Tracking System Implementation
This growing asset management business which supports the power generation industry needed to better track their expanding employee base. RCG was challenged to define and implement business rules and the supporting framework to track and manage personnel data. RCG helped to re-engineer the business process and build an architectural solution to simplify and automate time and skill tracking.
The new application defines and manages master and reference data including Client, Location, Project, Employee, Equipment, Skills, Certifications, Shifts, and Office Classifications.
The project utilized a Microsoft tool with a framework based upon SharePoint
RCG developed a time tracking application with the following key functionality:
- A daily capture of employee timesheets
- Timesheet versioning and audit tracking
- Employee skills and certifications entry and reporting
- System alerts for missing certifications and pending renewals
- Administrative reporting
RCG’s approach to this engagement followed our standard methodology and consisted of the following key steps:
- Facilitating requirements gather sessions and documenting the requirements
- Creating Test Plans describing the key application functions
- Developing and Testing the SharePoint code
- Supporting the User Acceptance Testing effort
- Participating in the deployment of the new Time Tracking Application